Climbing Instructor (Adult and Youth Programming)
Do you thrive in a playful work environment? Are you thrilled to help individuals discover their potential and channel their energy towards learning new skills? Are you psyched to be a role model for the next generation of pros in climbing? Then this job's for you.
Climbing Instructors are responsible for supplying a safe and engaging atmosphere for students in our adult and youth classes. This PT position (starting at 2 classes/week) gives you the possibility of growing into other positions at HMB, such as Welcome Desk or Route Maintenance.
- Arriving in a timely manner and ready to interact positively with your group of students
- Acting as a role model for the students in the program
- Describing and demonstrating climbing techniques
- Engaging with climbers and tailoring instruction to their needs
- Encouraging students to participate in various climbing related activities and to adopt a mindset of growth and exploration
- Patiently dealing with challenging behaviors and scenarios, while maintaining a mature, solution-oriented attitude
- Being creative and focused on problem solving
- Improving your performance by incorporating feedback from superiors and colleagues into your work routine
- Giving feedback on the program's strengths and weaknesses and identifying potential streamlining of processes, where appropriate
- Working hard and having fun
- At least 1 year climbing experience, knowledge and technical expertise preferred.
- Have CPR/AED/First Aid certification (preferred, not required)
- Experience in an instructional setting or with childcare
- Availability to work weekday afternoons and evenings
- Maintaining at least 2 classes per week.
- Current Covid-19 Vaccination
- Positive attitude
- Free membership for employee
- Free membership for one significant other (for employees working at least 20 hours/week in the previous month)
- Career development opportunities
If you feel like you could excel in a dynamic and energetic work environment and fit the profile above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Climbing Instructor" including any supporting documentation (certification, recommendations) along with a resume and cover letter.